Thursday, January 27, 2005

Bitter Sweet...

I'm caught in two worlds these days. Saying good-bye to soul-mate friends in Hamburg has left me with what is best described as grief. I miss you, my friends. Driving across PA, OH, IN, and IL my mind would flash back to the scenes of prayers, hugs, tears, and expressions of love...I'm glad it was dark while I was driving so that others didn't see my tears. It's so hard because it has been so good.

The closing on the house here went smoothly. I moved in Wednesday afternoon...which means I inflated the air mattress and set up the camp chair in the family room. After buying a towel, wash cloth, and shower curtain, I broke in the new shower...I love it!! I spent the evening sitting in front of a fire in the fireplace (after killing a dozen hornets that preferred their nest in the chimney BEFORE I lit the fire! It was a peaceful time of reflection and solitude.

Today, I spend much of the day getting my new office ready for work. Kevin and I went to Ikea to pick up some more shelves for books. I helped Jon, one of the elders, put a file cabinet together. And now I'm taking advantage of DSL before heading home for the night.

I can't wait to move ahead. I know that God is up to something...I just don't know what it's going to look like. That's the sweet part of what I'm experiencing these days. Meeting new people, making new friends, leading, teaching, learning, loving...it's what God made me for!

Heidi and the kids are in Bay City, with her parents, both sisters, and b-i-l. It's a bit crazy there...two kids will do that! I guess Izak has discovered that he can climb out of his pack-n-play crib. As his feet patter across the bedroom floor, he tells his crib, "bye-bye." What a kid! I will see them Saturday and then bring them home on Sunday. We need to be together again...the Furrs are better when together. I miss them.

My heart is full of so much these days. I miss my friends. I'm lonely for my family to share the joy of the adventure with. I'm excited about this new chapter in my life and can't wait to hit the ground running (which explains why I'm in my office this late at night!)...

Peace,

Matt

1 comment:

Deur said...

Looking forward to learning from your journey! Be strong and courageous! :)