Saturday, January 22, 2005

pause...

As of right now, the Furr house is in boxes. Though several people didn't show up, the crew was ready to work and work we did. The moving truck could pull in tomorrow...but it won't.

I guess we will be closing on our NY house on Tuesday afternoon. You might say, "Matt, I thought you were leaving town Tuesday morning and would have closed your house this past Friday. Why would you wait until Tuesday to close?" You might think that it's because I love to squeeze things as tightly as possible. You might also think this was a ploy to stay in Hamburg just a few hours longer. But, you would be correct only if you guessed that our attorney botched things in a big way...Yup...he didn't even look at the paperwork until last Thursday, the day before we were supposed to close. At just about every turn, he's disappointed me. It's an extra bitter pill because he's a Christ-follower and a friend. Still learning, I am...

But, the house will close (unless something else botches things between now and Tuesday) and we will buy our new home on Wednesday.

I'm about to head into my final Saturday night worship gathering at WCH. One more run at "announcement lackey" before signing off.

We'll be in transition for the next few days. Don't expect another blog until we land in Lake Villa later this week.

Until then, peace on the journey,

Matt

No comments: