Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Rick & Carrie

Rick and Carrie (along with Larry and Audry) have shared life most deeply with us the past six years. I arrived here with the belief that the bible speaks of a community that is unique among Christ-followers. Our relationship with Rick and Carrie has confirmed that which I believed to be true.

When I made the final decision to go to Northwest, I recieved a phone call from Carrie that will resonate in my heart forever. The words she spoke are sacred to me...Like a memory so special that it hovers somewhere between reality and a dream state, but if spoken may cease to exist.

Rick is a brother...a soul-friend. He knows me better than anyone other than Heidi; and I him. Our friendship runs so deep we communicate with a glanse, a nod, and definatey a snicker. The food of our friendship is laughter...the kind that exists only in a place of total safety and freedom.

The only thing in the world that could pull me from close proximity to these friends is the call of God. So many faces went through my mind as I prayed and fasted for weeks about this decision. But none as much or as intensely as Rick's and Carrie's.

My heart continues with fondness where words fall short...good-bye, friends.

Matthew

No comments: