Friday, January 21, 2005

ready or not...

...here I come!! Get ready Northwest...the adventure (at least the part that includes the Furr family) is about to begin.

Today is my last day in the office...

Saturday is packing day. Many friends are coming over to help get our life in boxes and ready to move.

Sunday is the final worship gathering at WCH. It will include more good-byes and some special time together. My Small Group Leadership Team is going to be running a major event after services...without me...you go, team! In the evening, there will be a "last supper" with Gobles and Musielaks...tacos!!!

Monday is haning out with friends. Mark and Diann will come down from the city for one final pass through the Furr home. We will spend most of the day at the Musialak house...ours will be full of boxes and not much fun for kids...and we get some more time with our friends. I kind of hope Gobes pops in, too...hint, hint...Monday night, Heidi's sister, Kat and her husband, Dave will be coming in from Pittsburgh, PA to help Heidi get the kids to Michigan for the week.

Tuesday at 7am, Heidi, Izak, Liberty will leave town for the last time. They will head to Bay City, MI, where Heidi's parents and sister, Steph, live. Kat and Dave will go with her. I'll stick around to oversee the loading of the moving truck (I think I'm going to like having a moving company do this part!). Once the moving truck pulls out, I'm heading to Lake Villa, IL.

Wednesday, I close on the house in Lake Villa at noon. And just like that, I increase my debt load and change residencies from New York to Obama country...In the evening, Lou, Heidi's dad, should arrive with a trailer load of stuff that he picked up from my parents' place in Grand Haven, MI.

Thursday, the moving truck should arrive, unload all the stuff, and then it's all about settling in.

Friday morning, Lou and I head to Bay City where I get to see my family again!!

Saturday will be Bennett family Christmas...always a special time together.

Sunday morning, when the kids roll out of bed, we will load up the van and head to our new home in IL. When we arrive around lunch time, it will be the first time Heidi sees her new house in person. It's going to be quite a moment...I'm excited.

Monday...our new life begins...chapter 1, page 1...ready or not...here we come!

No comments: