Sunday, January 09, 2005

Anthony & Annetta

I met Anthony while working on a poject Angel Tree. Our two churches (Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church and The Wesleyan Church of Hamburg) had been partnering to care for the families of imprisoned adults for a couple years before I arrived on the scene. Once I began to give leadership to local and global outreach, I became the point-person for this project.

Anthony is now a deacon at Mt. Olive. He's a great servant leader who leads the tech department for this growing, urban church. He works almost as many hours at the church (volunteers his time, I should say) as he does at Delphi.

Early in the relationship, we decided to let our wives in on the fun, too. So we started hanging out. Not often. But when we took the time to spend together, it was always refreshing.

They came for Izak's dedication. I attended Anthony's ordination as a deacon. Heidi and I found ourselves at the Mt Olive church picnic this past summer, meeting many of their other friends. It's been a great, growing friendship.

God has given us a special bond as couples. It's hard to put words to, but we know it's something special. They will always be treasured friends.

Last night, we had dinner together and said our good-byes. You will be missed, friends. I don't know when our paths will cross again, but when they do, I am confident it will be as if we never left. You are a gift.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: