Tuesday, January 04, 2005

home with the flu

It started last night. Heidi worked her final day at Roswell Park Cancer Institute and I wanted to celebrate together. I got the baby sitter to show up, helped get the kids ready for bed, and then we went to Olive Garden (we love OG and got a gift card from some new friends in IL - thanks D & W). As the even went on, I got more and more tired...I thought it was just from life catching up.

We ran some errands...all the while I was heading down...down...down.

Got home, went to bed...felt like crap all night.

It's been awhile since I've had to stay home because of being sick. I've decided that I don't like it. But if I hadn't done so, I would have missed this...

Izak woke up asking for, you guessed it, daddy. Mommy let him into my room, hoping he'd say his piece and then head out to the family room for some tv. Nope. My son hopped into bed and curled up next to me and laid there for a minute. Then he hopped up (I figured he'd be on with his day) to go get blankie, his best friend. So what does he do? He bring blankie and tosses him up to me...he shared blankie! What a kid!

He stayed with me about 10 minutes, rolling around the bed (you didn't expect a 2 year old to lie still did you?). And then off to catch the morning news on pbs - you know, the news about Clifford the Big Red Dog and Arthur, the Ardvark.

The day is winding down. I hope to be back at it tomorrow. Until then, here's to the flu!

M@

No comments: