Thursday, January 13, 2005

Mike & Lauren

I honestly don't remember the first time I met Mike and Lauren. I met Mike's parents as a part of the interview process before coming to WCH. I'm sure our paths crossed a couple times. Then came the invitation. They invited us to share New Year's Day with them...it was an invitation to escape to the 160 acres of "heaven" they owned in West Valley. Our hearts connected that day...and that connection has only grown since then.

Our time with them on Monday was as special as I had hoped it would be. There was laughing, sharing memories, looking ahead, discussing life's issues...all the things that have made my friendship with Mike and Lauren a treasure.

You will be missed, friends. Yet, somehow, I know this isn't the last time that we close down an Outback together!

Peace,

Matt

No comments: