Monday, January 10, 2005

Larry & Audry Goble

It's hard for me to find words that describe the friendship of this family. Larry and Audry have shared life with us in a small group for about 6 years. We have helped each other move into our first homes. We have challenged each other when a sour attitude creates up. In the chaos of leadership, Larry has been a friend that will always speak truth to me...and I trust it because of the love that has given him entrance to the deeper places in my soul.

I am a better man, hudband, leader, friend because of Larry. If I have been half the friend to him that he has to me, then we have, together, experienced something that the Bible challenges us to as Christ-followers...a love among brothers.

Though there will be more time together, last night was our special time along with the Gobles. It was a great time of sharing together, remembering, and laughing.

My heart aches at the thought of not driving by your home every night. You are a gift from God that will be treasured forever.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: