Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!!

Heidi and I had a great time bringing in the new year with dear friends, Rick and Carrie. It's been hundreds of years since we've been able to play cards, laugh, and eat without our time and attention being dictated to by our kids -- we left them in the van with the windows cracked. Don't get mad, we let them listen to music...HA! They brought in the new year zonked out in bed.

The bond we share with Rick and Carrie is so special, that it only seemed right to be with them as the clock ticked midnight. The ache I feel when I think about not living near them goes beyond words...

After sleeping a whopping 6 hours, we went to the kid races...yes, little Izak is like a racecar driver, zipping around the house like a madman! I love it...even if I do get tired just watching him.

After a little work at the office, we went to "Grandpa and Grandma Myer's" house for brunch. They are some great friends who have adopted the kids as their own grandchildren...they will also be missed huge. Izak was unimpressed with Willy, the miniature horse (not a pony) who ran around the paddock like he was nuts! It was fun to watch.

Then home for naps...everyone but daddy. I'm at the office getting ready for this weekend. I'm preaching my final weekend message at Hamburg tonight and tomorrow morning. It actually doesn't "feel" any different than other message I've done here. Maybe it will all sink in after the final service ends at about noon.

Around 430, the Michigan is in the Rose Bowl. God Texas!!! I had to for the benefit of my wife...love you, babe!

Well, it's here. Feels a little like 2004 did, but in about 3 weeks, that will all change.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: