Sunday, January 02, 2005

It's done...

I'm referring to my final preaching weekend in Hamburg, NY...and to the Bills 2004 season.

The message went well. Saturday had some bumps, but we worked through them and the worship time and message both went well on Sunday. I'm not sure what it's going to feel like when I only have one message each weekend...poor Heidi will have to listen to it a few extra times until I settle in!

I suspect that my mind will turn a bit more fully to IL these days. This message was a significant marker for me. I had to stay focused here or fall on my face...not good. I'll be overseeing the baptism service on the 12th, but that will take a little less prep than this weekend did.

Our good friend, Aunt Laura is coming over for pizza and to hang out. She came into our lives after returning from Africa (where she lived for 6 months serving at an orphanage in Barundi). She worked as my ministry assistant for a couple years and then shifted to help give leadership to Catalyst, the community of young adults here in Hamburg. In that time, she's also become a great friend to me and my family.

Pizza's here...gotta run.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: