Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Day One...

This morning at a little after 8:00 am (ct) I walked into my office for the first time as a lead pastor. The adventure begins. Heidi and I were sitting in the house last night when it sort of dawned on me that we made all these huge changes in our life so that I could begin a new job...and tomorrow would be day one of that new job. So here we are...

I'm about 1.5 hours away from my first staff meeting. Don't worry, I won't be logging every first for the next year! It's just a significant moment for me. I am beginning to live out what I have been in preparation for for the past 31 years...I was born for this, I have studdied for this, I have gotten experienced to prepare me for this...not it's time.

Heidi is doing a great job setting into the new house. She's nesting in her new kitchen (which has less storage space than the last one, which forces her to store unused items down in the basement). It looks like a real house.

I put the pantry shelves up in the basement yesterday. Izak was helping me stack cans of tomato sauce until he put one just a little too high. After they all crashed down and I laughed, he looked at me with such disappointment. After 10 seconds, he whispered, "sorry" in his sweet little voice. I tried to reassure him that I wasn't angry to upset at all...I even laughed about it. But there was not consolation to be had...the water works began...he's got such a tender heart...I hope I nuture that well.

Izak loves the new house. He sings and dances up in his room for hours on end. There is so much room for him to run around like a nut!

Libby is a little less sure of her new room. My parents gave us my old crib (yes, it's an antique), but she's not convinced yet. She's getting there. She does naps in the crib and night in the pack-n-play. She's doing well.

Last night was the night where I tried to connect the tv/dvd/vcr/receiver...it was hell! I'm not good at that stuff to begin with. But noone really gives instructions for this sort of thing...it's crazy. With help from Circuit City guy and Heidi, we got it all working. If we ever move...never mind, we're just not going to.

Well...the adventure is beginning. The staff is assebling...Day One.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: