Wednesday, February 16, 2005

the best of intentions...

The morning started pretty early...which is anything before ten in my world. But it was even a bit before that. My grogginess was attributed to the fact that I got home from my first elders' meeting about 11pm. It was a great meeting, I thought, but it went pretty late.

Today was the first day that I began my new running routine. A few days a week, I intend to run in the morning. I didn't pass too many mile markers today, but it was the first day of what I intend to make a life-long habit.

I've established a couple goals related to running...one is to run about 15-20 miles per week by October 2005. That will be a tough one, but I'm not behind the 8 ball too much at this point. The second goal is to run the Chicago Marathon in October 2006. How's that for ambitious? Watch the fat pastor run!! Run, Pastor, Run!! HAHAHA!

I'm running for my health. I love my kids and want to help them grow to adulthood. I love serving Christ and want to do so as long as I possibly can -- I'll get to be with him in person forever, so spending a few extra years here, trying to bring as many people with me as possible, isn't such a sacrifice. And I'm too dang fat. My eating is coming back under control...now it's time to exercise.

This evening I had a great treat...a friend from Hamburg, NY was flying through O'Hare on a business trip. His 2-hour layover afforded me the opportunity to meet him at the Hyatt for a drink. It was awesome to see your face, Mike!

Tomorrow is a day away with Kevin. We're going to head north to Wisconsin to get ot know each other better and seek God's direction for Northwest together. I'm excited about our friendship and partnership in ministry.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: