Thursday, February 10, 2005

flying time...

I can't believe how quickly time is moving these days. Every time I lift my head from something I'm working on, a few hours have passed by...it's incredible. I'm going to petition God to add another day to each week...how about that? 8 Days every week. I probably still wouldn't get everything done, so never mind.

Izak and Libby are fun kids. I love coming home and going through the night routine with them. Dinner...baths...playtime...then bed. I usually walk back down the stairs ready for my own bedtime...but we have a good time together while we can.

Heidi and I enjoyed a half hour, quietly sitting in the dark family room...the only light being the fire in the fireplace. It was nice -- sort of like when we were kids and had all the time in the world...

Our fireplace is a little inadequate. I'm not complaining, at least we got a fireplace that burns real wood...that was important to us. But it's an insert, which means it's pretty shallow. We haven't tried a pile of wood in there, but we've been using the fake logs you buy at K-Mart. It's not bad...they burn for a few hours (the extra big one we tried on Sunday night kept burning until about 2am!) and give off a lot of light. Tonight we even tried one that crackles. It doesn't seem quite right to have one log in the fireplace that burns for 3 hours...but that's what we have for now..and we can enjoy it.

CSI is on in a few minutes. That's one of the only shows we really enjoy watching any more. I lvoe the character development -- the original is the best of all of them. So I'll take a break pretty soon. Then back to work.

That's the scoop for now.

Peace,

Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a re-run, the first one anyway.

It is not the same without you guys. We miss you.

Are you doing the wedding on the 18th?

BTW I'm sick of the Pats.

I was rooting for them though.

Boston has won enough in te past few years. It is now time for them to experience more pain, like the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,
I am totally being snoopy here, and you may not even GET this comment, but I thought I would give it a go anyway.
Now your friend Laura, her last name I have no idea, I found her blog. just scrolling through, having fun. well for whatever reason, I just kept on reading it. anyway, she has all these interesting thoughts about life. well one thing she said is something to the effect that "my desire to be in ministry is like going against the bible more blatantly than homosexualy is condemed." I am TOTALLY paraphrasing here. the point of this "note" is that YOU NEED TO TALK TO HER AOBUT THIS. I see that you have COMMUNITY 101 up there as your FAVE books, well then, I know how you think. and you should tell her how YOU think so she can stop berating herself for being a woman and having a calling on her life. I am TOTALLY sticking my nose in because I don't believe its an accident I found her blog at all. sorry if I have offended you, kind of.
madison_rae@hotmail.com