Monday, February 28, 2005

2 girls down...

For the past couple days, both Heidi and Libby have been under the weather. Probably just a cold, but no fun nonetheless. Add to this the fact that our "real" insurance doesn't kick in until tomorrow (Tuesday).

Yesterday afternoon, Libby went through the roof...she had a fever over 101 and wouldn't stop crying. We figured that it was an ear infection, so Heidi took her to an ambulatory center...only to find a 3 hour wait. So she came back home and called Rob, our family doc in Hamburg, NY. The NP on call talked Heidi through the situation and we waited it out over night. She's better today - still boogery, but seems to feel better. I think we averted the bad stuff.

That would have been enough for any Sunday afternoon. But yesterday evening was my first Members' Dinner at Northwest -- the annual business/vision meeting that takes place every year. I was running behind in preparation for it, then the whole Libby thing happened. So I had to leave my family in pretty tough shape -- Heidi felt like crap, Libby was calmed, but clearly sick, and Izak was a monkey bouncing off the walls...a guy feels good about leaving his family like that...

Thank God for Colleen!! She was scheduled to babysit so that Heidi could come to the dinner with me. Since the kids were sick, we waved her off. But when I had to leave and Heidi was taking Lib to the dr. we called her to come again to stay with Izak. She was great with him! She jumped right in, playing and chasing...it was great...thanks, Colleen. She stayed until the kids went down for the night. What a gift.

There I was, with about 45 minutes to prepare for the dinner (at least my part of it). I had most of it already prepared, but wanted another couple hours to nail things down. Oh, well...here we go.

And I think it went great! I think that everyone who played a part stepped up in a big way. I was proud to be a part of a leadership time like that! And this is just the beginning!

Today was family day, as it is every Monday. Izak and I were the errand boys so that Mommy and Libby could sleep as much as possible -- wasn't much, but was more than if we had been home.

We just got them to bed and all is quiet...what a great time of day. I love it.

Well, the week is before me and I'm ready for it. I'm beginning to feel a rhythm to my week -- not nails yet, but getting better.

Peace,

M@

No comments: