Thursday, February 24, 2005

fire alarms...

Just found out that the fire alarms work very well. I was starting a fire in the fireplace with a fake log. Apparently there was a backdraft and all the smoke came back into the house. I'm a little disappointed, though, that Libby and Izak didn't get out of their beds and go to the safe place we've discussed as a family! Maybe next time...

I find myself pretty drained every night. I think it means several things...1) I'm working pretty hard and 2) I didn't have much margin to begin with. Margin is a wonderful thing. They say that moving causes just slightly less stress in a person's life than death (the death of someone else...one's own death probably doesn't cause much stress unless...). If that's the case (and I suspect that it is), then I think the Furrs are doing a pretty good job.

Tonight we put in the order for our new mattresses....ahhh. We're upgrading to a queen size, which will be nice in itself. But we're also going super plush, baby! The kind of bed you sink into...it makes me smile just thinking about it!

We learned about soft beds by staying at the Parido house during our visits here. Their guest bed rocks!

We also put in the order for a new dresser for us. We bought a bed in New England; other than that, we've never bought bedroom furniture for ourselves. We're not living large, but trying to wisely use some of the money we made on our house in New York. Instead of getting cheaply priced and made furniture, we're getting fewer pieces, but a higher quality. I'm looking forward to it all coming together.

Heidi got some stuff today for the kids' bathroom. It's fun animal stuff -- shower curtain, bathmat, etc.. She did a good job on that.

Now we're settling into a nice quiet evening (quiet except for the fire alarm). the kids are down. Izak is singing his swan song. Ahhh....this is one of my favorite times of day.

Good night...

M@

No comments: