Saturday, February 26, 2005

ahh....

Oh, baby...our new mattresses are incredible!! I can't believe we didn't do this sooner!! The next time you buy mattresses, you have to get the extra plush euro top...it's like sleeping on air.

I've got some work to do before I actually get to sleep there for the night...must hurry, study, and get to bed...

Got to meet with several of the children's ministry staff this morning. They are a great group of people who love kids and love Jesus...a great combination. They are excited about what God is up to.

Tomorrow is a big day...worship in the morning and then the annual members' dinner in the eveing. This dinner is for all the participating members of Northwest. We eat together, take a look back at where God has brought us, and take a look at what we hope will happen in the year ahead.

Looking ahead is an interesting thing. I, personally, lean heavily into planning. So my moderation is letting go in order to trust that God will lead where he wants to. Other people default toward doing nothing and just trusting that something will happen. They trust, but they're also lazy. When looking ahead, there is a balance. I'm called to work hard, seek God's direction, plan well...and then trust. If he wants to change the direction as we go, then so be it. It's actually very exciting.

I'm off...get the studying done and then to my bed!!!

Peace,

M@

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thought about you the other day bro. Remembering back to 1994 when you (the student body Pres) chose to mentor me (lonely RA) at iwu. Appreciated that. It's been awhile, how are ya! Nice baby pics on your website.

Jason Makowsky