Monday, February 21, 2005

Monday, Monday...

What a great family day! I love these days. I find that I'm a bit more tired than I used to be...the cost of more regular duties on Sundays. I actually think that I get more tired doing only one service than the multiple services that we did in Hamburg...strange.

We spent much of the day shopping for bedroom furniture. We've got a new mattress on layaway -- upgrading to a queen from the full we've been on for 10 years. But the rest of the furniture we have has been distributed to our children. So now all of our clothes are on the floor, in the closet, and in boxes. We're not in a huge hurry, but we've got the money set aside and are wanting to make a wise choice. So we bugged down to the JC Penny Home Store in Vernon Hills to look at some stuff we found online -- wanted to see it in person before ordering it. However...they don't have the same stuff that they list online...bummer.

After a great afternoon of naps, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings with the Paridos. It's fun to connect with them as friends (which makes working together at church more fun, too).

Tonight...Heidi's working on bills while I make some calls to friends in NY. I miss you guys...

Heidi's also finding that someone went shopping on our bank account from NY. How cool is that? Some jerk thinks that our debit card is his own. Come on, people...it's basic...if it's not yours, don't take it. Must be a Democrat (Ha...I said that for my uncle's benefit!). I could get sort of pissed about this, but I know the bank will make it right and we won't be held responsible for the charges...which are up past several hundred dollars to this point. Looks like some guy's car broke down in Ohio on his way to Daluth to pay his MCI phone bill! Dork!

I've been keeping up with some news from Buffalo. Sounds like Drew Bledsoe is about to (or already has) lost his starting job for the Bills. Heidi and I joked that his next stop will be Chicago. Funny thing...the guys on sports radio the other day mentioned Drew as a possible trade option for the Bears to fill a void for this year! How funny is that? Drew was in Boston while we were. Shortly after we left there, he was traded to the Bills. Now that we've left Buffalo, he's leaving. If he comes here, Heidi and I have decided that we're going to contact him and take him out for dinner or something.

Tomorrow is another run at things at Northwest. Not too much on the agenda at this point...I'm trying to use this week to get a few weeks ahead on message preparation. I don't like last-minute messages...too many one-cheecked pastors out there and I don't want to be one.

The fire is burning in the fireplace, which means it's time for me to chill out for the night.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: