Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving...

So, you ready for the big news? coming soon...

Today is Thanksgiving. These are some things that I thank God for...

my wife
my son
my daughter
so many friends who love us well
our families who stand with us through so much
my sense of purpose in serving others and God
our home
I don't have to wonder where my next meal will come from
the provisions I often take for granted
the freedom to talk about Jesus and worship God
the spiritual freedom through forgiveness

I live in a country where we can often fabricate our own blessings. It's easy to work hard, make money, buy things and then label it God's blessing on us. First, I need to conitnually recognize that it is God who gave me the ability to work and earn money, so it really is His provision for me.

I also need to learn to look past material things to recognize God's blessing. For example, he blesses through wisdom that exceeds my own. He blesses through strength when I feel like rolling over and going back to bed but need to get up to help my sick son.

There is so much for which I thank God. But most of all, I thank Him for all the ways He reveals His love.

Happy Thanksgiving.

M@

No comments: