Friday, November 19, 2004

10 Years!

Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal upon your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mightly flame.
Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot wash it away.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7
**************
Today marks ten years that Heidi has been my closest friend, my beloved, my companion, my confidante, my bride. I remember that day like it was yesterday -- I was overwhelmed at the reality of marrying this woman that I loved so deeply.

Through the past ten years, we have gone through so much together. My love for her has grown and matured through trials and joys. 4 moves. 4 states. 2 kids. 8 jobs between us. 1 church plant. 2 dogs. Friends. And we've just begun.

My gratitude to God for her in my life is ovewhelming.

I love you, my beloved..

Matthew

No comments: