Sunday, November 28, 2004

it's out there...

There's no going back now...this morning, during the worship gatherings, I shared the news that I will be leaving Hamburg in January. There was no way for it to not be shocking for people. But so many people responded lovingly...it really was a great time.

I'm pleased with the way that Heidi and I went through this. We worked a good process in sharing with people so that many knew before the public announcement. Those that didn't get the news were very gracious and understood that we tried but couldn't get ahold of them.

Many people made quick comments and gave hugs (yes, there are times when Matt hugs!) The affirmation was thick, which was a huge encouragement for me. Many people said something like, "We knew this day would come the first time we heard you preach...that new church is lucky."

In about 8 weeks, I'll be the new lead pastor of Northwest...that's a pretty incredible thought. I'm excited to be a part of what God is doing there.

In a couple weeks, I'll be going back out there to find housing. Rick, probably the guy who's closest to me, will be going with me. He's got a good eye for this kind of thing and he's as anal as Heidi, so she trusts his judgement...

After the rush of this morning, all was quiet around the house today. The kids took awesome naps...which made up for the 5am rise and shine! I think we fed Izak a bit too much...he's still recovering from the flu. All was good until he came into the living room whining. He came to me for comfort and snuggled up on the couch with like a really sweet kid. Then...without warning...he puked a vengence! I couldn't believe how much that kid chucked!! It was amazing! Of course it was all over me and the couch...nothing like the sweet smell of home...filled with chunks...then he felt immediately better and went on with his evening. What a kid.

That's it for today.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: