Friday, December 03, 2004

fast and furious...

Like is full these days. Here's the no-huddle 2-minute drill...

- People are being very kind in the transition. So many have offered heartfelt reflections on the impact God has had through me in their lives. What a gift.
- Heidi's holding down the fort at home these days and doing a great job of it. I feel like I've been a little absent this week. Need to step up a notch of intentionality there...
- Met with a guy yesterday whose life was rocked this past summer. His wife of 1 month left him, his eyesight deteriorated toward legal blindness, he lost is job as a paramedic because of they eyesight thing. He shared his story and then said, "if God can use this story, let it be told." He loves Jesus and is finding peace and joy amidst this incredible storm. Very inspiring.
- I'm spending time looking online for a house. I'm trying to be very thorough because it's a huge amount of money and a big deal for my family. I know the right one is out there and that God will help us find it...I'm probably obsessing a bit...time to chill, Furr...I'll be going to chicago next weekend to house-hunt with a close friend, Rick. I'm sure it's out there...
- Working on transition at work. Who will step into what role? Who's the point-person? There are some great men and women who are stepping up huge! In some ways, God will do more in my leaving than if I were to stay around. Almost makes you think that He's in on this deal...hmmm...
- Looks like the house is sold. Didn't even have to put a sign in the yard. Now, I know...it's never done until the final papers are signed, but this young couple is excited and are meeting with the mortgage person today...her dad is a banker who ran initial numbers and thinks it all looks good. What a huge blessing to have a rockin' young couple who lives Jesus live in our home...they will connect well with the neighbors...

that's he news from Hamburg. Back to work.

Peace,

M@

No comments: