Saturday, December 18, 2004

Dave and Kat...

Heidi's sister and brother-in-law are in town this weekend. Dave and Kat live in Pittsburgh, which is only about 3 hours away from us. One of the things we've enjoyed about living in Buffalo is being able to connect with them from time to time. It was certainly easier without kids, but they are great about making time to come up and visit the kids. They don't have kids of their own, but do a good job of loving on Izak and Liberty.

We got a Christmas tree today. It's little and sits on one of our corner coffee tables -- which is perfect because it will help keep it out of reach of little 2-year-old fingers, if you know what I mean.

Even though our lives reflect no order whatsoever, we're trying to make this a special Christmas time as a family. Thus the tree. We've even got a few presents to exchange on Christmas morning. And we're avoiding packing too much prior to New Year's day...boxes just don't do much for the celebration of Christmas.

I just connected with a young lady that I used to babysit back in Michigan. Bethany K. is doing ministry with young adults in eastern Europe. Her mom and dad were close friends with my folks and our families have always been good friends. Shout out to Bethany in Croatia!!

That also makes me feel a little old...I remember when she was born! Holy cow! I also remember being a terrible baby sitter...sorry Bethany and Chris. Especially when I think about the great sitters that we've had for our kids...I stunk! No creativity, whatsoever...let the past go, Furr...

That's what I've got for today.

Peace,

M@

No comments: