Tuesday, December 28, 2004

tsunami...

There aren't words for the devestation. Though caused by totally different things, it makes the loss of life on September 11, 2001 in the US look like an average day in any given city. This is all compounded by the fact that most of the nations hit hardest don't have the resources to care for the survivors well. And in a few days, we'll be hearing stories about desease caused by death, poor water filtration, and flooding.

In the past few days, about 40,000 people have passed into eternity. They were going about their business or sunning themselves with family on the beach. Then, without warning...they are face to face with the Creator. They, no doubt, thought they had time...they didn't.

I go about my day assuming that I have time...time to express my love to my family and friends...time to know Jesus better...time to teach my son and daughter about Him. I have time...maybe...

I suppose that is the gift of our move to Chicago...it forces the issue of time with those we love. Four weeks from today, I'll be loading up the moving truck and driving west to make a new home in a new town. I'll be sharing life with new people. But until then, I get to share life and love with those I'm closest to here. It's a gift.

I'm at the office today working on the message for this coming weekend. It will be my last weekend message in Hamburg. I can't believe that Saturday is 2005 Day One!

Time to hunker down and write...

Peace,

Matt

ps - join me in praying for God to reveal Himself to those who are devestated by the disaster in Asia. Pray for His peace to be known, for His protection from desease, and for cooperation among nations.

No comments: