Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Good-bye Catalyst...

Last night was my last supper with the Catalyst Leadership Team. About a year ago, God was stirring within me on a number of fronts. Part of the response to that stirring was joining up with this worshipping community of young adults, Catalyst. I would be able to contribute to their mission and they would provide a context for me to grow as a leader -- sort of like a church within a church.

It's been a great, if not short, ride with them. Todd, Mary, Laura, and Kristen make up a great team giving leadership (both strategic and spiritual). I will miss working with them and being a part of their continued growth as leaders among their peers.

Last night was a great time of enjoying each other's company (except for Mary who was home chucking like a...a...not sure how to best complete the analogy, but it's probably not necessary. She was missed. We ate (too much), laughed (just about enough), shared what God's been up to this past year (maybe too much question for the evening), and closed a chapter that has been important for all of us. Without my involvement with Catalyst, I would not be as ready as I am for the next step on my journey.

Thank you, friends, for joining me on this journey.

Godspeed,

Matt

No comments: