Wednesday, June 30, 2004

time flies...

It's been a crazy ride around here lately! this past weekend was a nice visit with Heidi's sister and brother-in-law. I also officiated at three weddings in three days - fun but crazy.

Rick and I went to "heaven" to play golf on Monday. There's a course which requires quite a drive but is totally worth it. Great course. 24 bucks for 18 with a cart! It's in the hills, so the scenery is incredible. We go there a few times a year and can't stop smiling for days before and after...

Tuesday was my first full day back at work since Libby joined the family three weeks ago. I feel like I'm about to burst with ideas and thoughts on things I'm wanting to get done this coming ministry year. It was a great day back. My head still feels a bit goffy...foggy...but that will clear...in the next 18 years...

Last night I got to pull some duty with Libby. She plays a pretty great game called "hide the nuk"...and she's good at it, too. The game begins when I put the nuk in her mouth and she seems content. Then, once I'm about the sleep, she spits it out and hides it in her blankets...then hollers for me to come find it...all the while laughing at me. It's a great game.

I called a halt to the game about 330a and just had her sleep on my chest - that way I could stay in a horizontal position and still find the nuk. That's what she was aiming for because she did eventually sleep. Of course, a father's heart melts when his baby girl is sleeping on the sofa with him...not much sleep...but still a great night!

My Palm started freaking out on me yesterday...like I need that to happen right now...anyway...

Peace,

M@

No comments: