Saturday, June 12, 2004

sleep...what sleep?

Actually, it's not that bad. We're a few pints low (of sleep, that is), but we're all doing pretty well. Heidi's taking the biggest hit...she has the required nutritional factors that I just don't...and Libby loves to partake!

It's amazing that this little baby changes every day. Her face looks different today than yesterday.

When a new baby comes home for the first time, the rest of the world takes on a sort of fuzzy haze - I know it's out there, but it doesn't matter all that much. So much energy and focus goes into acclimating the new resident.

I know that there are so many kids out there who don't have the kind of love and attention that Heidi and I give Izak and Libby. They are brought home and fed once in a while and then they have to fend for themselves as soon as they can. It's just not right.

I'm working with an organization in the city called Peace of the City. It's a ministry that reaches families through programs for kids. It's been a powerful force in helping the kinds of kids I mentioned above find hope, peace, and love in a relationship with someone who loves Jesus and then with Jesus, himself. Jesus is so loving and kind...even when we don't deserve it. He shows these kids what true love is...and changes the tragectory of their lives forever. And I get to be a part of it! (if you want to learn more about Peace of the City, let me know...).

I officiated a wedding today. It's one of about 15 that I have between May and September. It's so much fun to walk through the process with couples who are learning to find love and freedom in Jesus - and then expressing that in their love for each other. Wedding are fun!

Tonight, as the worship gathering, I'll be announcing Libby's birth...what a blast! The people here are so loving and exciting about sharing life with each other. What a gift to serve at a church like this.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: