Tuesday, June 15, 2004

the difference a week makes...

The worship gathering this past weekend was great! I've been going into the services with a mindset toward honoring God, which is what makes all the difference. This particulat mindset isn't a new one, but it's just easy to go into a service without preparing my own heart to honor God in worship - thinking about all the atmospheric elements that go into a corporate worship time.

It was also a fun weekend because I got to share the news about Libby's arrival...which was one week ago today! Right now, as 1:45 pm est, we were settled into the delivery room, Heidi was still talking and even laughing (slightly) with me. Within the 2.5 hours, Libby will be born!

Yesterday, I golfed in a tournament to raise funds for Young Life (a "parachurch" ministry that works to connect teens with Jesus in relevant and relational ways). The church is a solid supporter, so they invited me to bring several guests to the event with me. It was a great day. I got to golf with a couple guys from church (Pete and Mark) and also my neighbor, Eric. Eric is such a great neighbor and I've been looking for ways to connect and get to know him better.

Today, I'm on Izzy duty...trying to keep him busy so that he's out of mommy's hair while she gets to know Libby better. It's nice being around my family like this. I'll be mostly away from the office for a couple weeks. I'll sneak in now and then, but will try to focus on home for a bit. I'm sure I'll be chomping at the bit in a couple weeks - not because I don't like my family, but because I also love my work. It's hard for me to be away for so long - good for me, but hard.

Nap time...

M@

1 comment:

C-Man said...

Hey Matt,

I saw pics of Libby. She is cute. Thank God she takes after her mom.

Praying for you guys!