Friday, July 02, 2004

more family...

Linda, Heidi's mother, left for Michigan this morning. Her time here was so helpful to both of us. Her care for Izak allowed me to get back to work and Heidi to continue adjusting to Libby. Let's hear it for Mothers-in-law!!!!

Tonight, my sister, Sarah, her husband, Dave, and my niece, Becca, will be stopping over for a couple nights. They have been traveling from Michigan to DC to Philly to Boston for the past few weeks. They are on their way home now and will stop in Buffalo - no doubt for the highlight of their trip! It will be good to see them and hear about their adventures.

This time of year always makes Heidi and me miss Boston, MA. We loved living out there, so close to reminders of our nation's incredible history. We used to live a stones throw from the rock on which George Whitfield (arguably the most influencial preacher in America) preached many sermons in the 1800s. We would go into the city and walk where our founding fathers walked. Men and women who busted tail every day just to live would sit along the banks of the Ipswich River, which was right out our back door. We miss it.

The Furr family doesn't have any special plans for the holiday. Just lay low, enjoy being together, maybe connect with some friends.

Today, I'm at the office, still catching up on things, but loving it. I'm working on planning out a message schedule of Catalyst Worship Gatherings (the weekly worship time for young adults). This year will be key to solidifying the DNA of the community we are forming.

Yesterday was my formal evaluation by Greg and Bill (senior and associate pastors). They are great guys and I enjoy working with them. Overall, the evaluation went well. the feedback from those I lead was very affirming. So I get to stay another year...

Have a great weekend and Independance Day!

Peace,

M@

No comments: