Tuesday, July 27, 2004

hole in one!

I got a hole in one yesterday!  No, I wasn't golfing...I was taking care of both kids all day while Heidi went back to Roswell Park.  The "hole in one" has to do with Libby's nap during the day.  Usually, getting her to sleep includes some crying and pick-up/put-downs over the course of about 20 minutes.  Not this time...I saw the eyes droop during her bottle, swaddled her, and got her down.  Then...nothing...it was beautiful!  She didn't make one peep! 

Now granted, that was only one nap of many throughout the day...but I'll take the ace whenever I get it!

The rest of the day was great with both of them.  Libby was good to Daddy on his first day on duty.  Izak was a charmer all day long and gave me a good nap, which helped me get a few things done.  I know that I was lucky, but I'll take it!

Back at the office today.  It's about 1030 am right now...no wait, it's actually 430!  Can't believe how this day has flown by.  I've got about 2 inches of papers on my desk, so I'll be going now...time to get the leaf blower fired up!

Peace,

Matt

No comments: