Thursday, October 07, 2004

We Won!

"Tell them what they won, Bob..."

"You win...double ear infections!!!" And the crowd goes wild!

Yup, last night, beginning at about 2am, it started...Izak hollered, puked, and cried. I got to hold the vomit-covered toddler in the living room (nothing like a snuggle with vomit in your hair to tell you that you're a daddy...) while Heidi cleaned up the mess in the crib. It was a beautiful thing...

Just as Izak got back to bed, Libby chimed in. She hit full throttle about 3 and didn't even think about coming back into orbit until about 5. We passed her back and forth, taking turned trying to comfort her.

Finally, we got a couple hours of sleep...sort of. Upon waking, we had two charming, laughing, smiling kids waiting for us. They didn't even have a vague recollection of the hell we went through during the night...one of the perks of being a kid, right?

So we all headed off to the doctor's office. We showed up without an appointment, which is a cardinal sin in the medical field. But we were pretty determined to be seen asap...which we were. Nothing like a crying baby and a running toddler to convince the office manager to talk the nurse practitioner into seeing the Furr's sooner, rather than later...

Yup...ear infections for everyone. Here's your special candy to help you feel better...there goes 50 bucks to the doctor and pharmacy and away we go. By tomorrow, it'll be back to running, laughing, and staying up late singing in the crib.

through this, i saw God at work in my life. I hate being awakened in the middle of the night...really, I hate it. I'm not fully convinced that God resides within me between the hours of 2 and 6am. But He was there last night. I was awake and in good humor, ready to serve Heidi. There was no way that I could pretend to not hear what was going on, but it was beyond that. God gave me a real servant's heart for my family! That's a win in my book!

Thanks, God. I'm sure glad you're not sleeping at 2am...

Peace,

M@

No comments: