Sunday, October 17, 2004

2 years ago...

2 years ago today, I was processing the fact that I am a daddy with a son. Izak's second birthday came and went yesterday. I suppose that this will be the last birthday where we won't have to pony up!

What a great kid I have (two actually, but this blog is focussed on Izak). He loves to sing (we often hear him an hour after bedtime, singing at the top of his lungs. It's hillarious that he's at that stage where he doesn't realize you can hear him all over the house.

Going back to my earlier comment about not ponying up for his birthday. I really do hope to teach him a proper perspective on material things. A key phrase that he's going to get sick of hearing as he grows up is "delayed gratification." Think about that one. We don't tend to be too much into that concept...even as adults. I sure know that I'm not into it. I like results and I prefer them now.

I think that's why God puts me in situations where I can't control the outcome and I have to allow the process to work in and through me. But it's in that process that I learn more about Him and me.

Speaking of delayed gratification...the Red Sox stink!! I love 'em (as much as I love any baseball team) and they are just getting it handed to them by the Yanks. I don't know which is worse, the Sox losing or the Yanks winning...it's like the Sox have forgotten how to play ball-smashing baseball...

But the Bills won today. They played the Dolphins...one of them had to win...though I wouldn't have been surprised by a tie where neither actually gets the win...that's the kind of season we're having.

Time to roll in for the night.

Peace,

M@

1 comment:

C-Man said...

You and Heidi are awesome.
After reading Heidi's blog, one thing is true - you are a great dad.