Friday, October 22, 2004

big weekend...

It's going to be a big weekend, beginning today. Along with two weddings that I'm doing tomorrow, Clive and Ruth Calver, from World Relief will be at the church speaking in a variety of settings. Since I'm the outreach guy, that means I'm going to be hummin'!

Tonight, we're having a dinner at which Clive and Ruth will guide key leaders in the church through a process of understanding what decisions need to be made in order to grow in effectiveness in global outreach. I'm excited by the response...most of the people I invited, including staff and board, will be there. With most of the decision-makers sitting around the same table, it should be a great time!

Saturday is filled with men's and women's events, seminars, and then service in the evening. Sunday morning holds 3 worship gatherings and then a lunch session in which Clive will talk through leadership principles that he's picked up from his observations of the Church worldwide. I've been able to invite a few people that I'm investing in, which is exciting (though Laura is dissing me!).

Overall, it's a pretty crazy time...for a variety of reasons. I'm not overwhelmed, but it's that sense of impending something...like standing on the Grand Haven pier during a storm...you know that a huge wave is going to come and kick your butt; it's both exciting and scary at the same time!

Oh, something from last night's Catalyst worship gathering that was very cool. During the music set, a guy came over and said to me, "This may sound stupid, but do you have something weighing heavily on your heart tonight?" I did. There are some pretty key decisions that I'm working through and so much going on. I'm not burdened by any of it...I'm just thinking through a lot and looking for God's direction. So he prayed for me briefly and then we went on with the evening.

This was cool for me in a couple ways. One, I was excited about Keith's sensitivity to God's lead in his life. As strange as he felt, he did was God asked him to do. Two, God spoke through Keith into my life. He reminded me that he is intimately involved with the process and He cared enough to stir someone else to pray. It was God saying, "Don't forget, I've got you covered." It brought a great sense of peace to me.

That's it for now...probably for the weekend.

Peace,

M@

No comments: