Sunday, March 06, 2005

Rock on!

I'm feeling sort of a buzz after this weekend. I'm excited on several fronts.

On a basic level, I'm excited about the adjustments that have been made to the sound system at Northwest. Since my arrival, I've wanted to help nurture a better quality in the sound, but I just don't have the tools to do it. So this weekend, Carter came from Michigan to lend a hand (and ear) to our efforts. Just what he did on Saturday alone made a dramatic difference. Can't thank you enough, Carter!! It made a world of difference. I'm excited about that.

A side note...it was also great to see my niece, Becca. She's growing up into a young lady. Love you, Becca! Thanks for coming.

This weekend was also significant because we baptized two people this morning. Cindy is a lady who has always sensed God's presence in her life, but only nailed down her own commitment to him in recent years. When she heard me talk about the upcoming baptism time, she knew she was supposed to do it. Her daughter, who has been instrumental in her faith development, read her story before the baptism. It was special.

After that, Danielle was baptized. Danielle is 11 years old and has made a decision to live her whole life for Jesus. She read he story in her own words. I think that God was totally pumped to hear this little girl express total devotion to Jesus.

Just last October, Danielle's mother was killed in a car accident. Jill was the Children's Pastor at Northwest. She left a legacy of loving kids and helping them love Jesus. But even more than that, she left a legacy of teaching her own children to love Jesus.

As you might imagine, today was a special day for the church family to stand with Danielle as she was baptized by her dad, Brian.

It's times like this that I am so in awe of God...that he would allow me to walk with people on their faith journey and that He would decide to use me to lead His church like this. It's my gift. It's what I live for...to please my Master.

And to top it off, another young lady came to my office after the celebration time (which followed the worship gathering during which they were baptized). She told me that she would like to be baptized the next time we do them! Isn't that awesome?!?! God is working in the hearts of "children"!

It's a quiet night around the Furr house...for now...

Peace,

Matt

2 comments:

Deur said...

COOL! Baptisms are the best! Glad you are doing swell.

C-Man said...

oh yeah!

come as little children right? that girl is awesome!