Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter II...

It's been a good day. Worship went well this morning. The celebration of Christ's resurrection is a big deal...it's the high point of faith for Christ-followers. It's also a day when many "fringe" people check in at church (Christmas and Easter). For that reason, services seem to have more people in them on Easter. Such was the case at Northwest today. The room was pretty full, which provided a certain energy.

After worship, I headed home in time to catch a little golf on tv. Yeah, I'm a golf geek...I like watching it.

After everyone went down for naps, I took advantage of the quiet and painted the basement. The carpet comes on Wednesday, so I'm trying to get it all painted so I don't have to worry about taping and protecting the new threads. Once that carpet's down, then the basement becomes a viable play area for the kids and hang-out for anyone else. I'm excited about that!

After everyone woke up, it was time to head to the Parido house for round two of their Easter bash...including Easter egg hunts for the kids and basketball for the adults (who were interested). The extra fun was that MSU played UK...I'm a MSU fan while Kevin, the guy I work with, is a huge UK fan. The trash-talk was going fast and furious for the past couple days. I'm learning to be a good winner, since MSU won in double-overtime!! Even my son was saying, "Go State!" in his carseat on the way home...brought a tear to my eye...

Now it's all quiet. I'm watching the fire die down in the living room. I've been thinking quite a bit today of the Teri Shiavo case. I can't imagine watching one of my children die when it could be prevented...I just can't imagine what they are experiencing. It's sad on so many levels.

Heidi articulated my thoughts for me so well. You can check out her blog at the right...I won't beat that drum any more...for today.

That's the news from Lake Vill, IL.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: