Saturday, March 12, 2005

did it!

I'm not a very mechanical person, so when I do something that works, I get pretty excited about it. And when my wife appreciates it...it doesn't get better than that!

I got the new microwave installed today. Staring at it in the garage for the better part of this week, I debated whether or not I should just return it and buy one that sits on the counter. Sure, we don't have the room, but it would be so much easier.

But Saturday arrived...and I needed to hang this dang thing above the stove. I began with the encouragement of my wife: "you won't get any sympathy from me if you don't follow the directions step by step." Sure, take all the fun out of it...she doesn't understand the code of manhood...no directions!

So I followed the directions...in case something went wrong, I at least wanted her sympathy.

Step by step...I taped the templates, drilled the holes, sank the screws. With Heidi's help, we got the unit hooked and then place correctly. With a final few twists of the screws...done. I win! I won't tell you about the screw that stripped -- darn things are made out of tin foil these days...another code of manhood is to cover your tracks by blaming faulty equipment.

With that job done and the boy in bed for a nap, I'm at the office putting the final touches on the conversation for tomorrow.

Gobes comes for a visit tomorrow...yeah!!

Peace,

Matt

No comments: