Wednesday, September 22, 2004

here we go...

Tonight was the launch of a new series on Wednesday nights at church. We're using a large-group/small-group format, which means that after the teaching time, we all break down into discussion groups to process the teaching and get to know each other. For many, this is the beginning of building community and authenticity into their faith journey.

In years past, we've had about 100 on Wednesday nights. Tonight we doubled that! It's exciting for so many people to be stepping out and taking their growth so seriously.

I've just got to say that Stacia, my (relatively new) ministry assistant rocked the house on preparation for a huge night. Shout out to Stacia!!

I'm reading The DaVinci Code in my spare time (which isn't much but has been a little more plentiful with the kids gone this week). It's a fun book and the writing is decent...not great, but engaging enough. I haven't gotten to the controvertial parts, yet.

Tomorrow night begins the regular worship gatherings for Catalyst, which is an emerging community of young adults. I'm excited about it. I'll be teaching from the story of Nicodemus talking with Jesus late one night (John 3). It's a great story and lays out the message of Jesus so well...

Tomorrow night, after the worship gathering, I'll be heading to Michigan to pick up my family. I miss them and can't wait to see them all again. We'll drive back to Buffalo on Friday morning -- I have appointments, a wedding, and a wedding rehearsal in the afternoon...should be an interesting weekend.

That's the scoop. I'm going to check in with the DeVinci code for a bit, then jump into more message prep for Catalyst. I love staying up late working! Just doesn't fit with a family lifestyle, but my natural time for work is between 8pm and midnight.

Peace,

M@

No comments: