Tuesday, September 21, 2004

get the run out...

Every so often, it's good for me to take a long car trip. I don't know why, it just seems to clear my mind a little. So this is the week for it...I took Heidi and the kids to Michigan on Sunday and drove back to Buffalo on Monday. Thursday night, I'll drive to Michigan again and then we'll all be back on Friday (in time for my meetings in the afternoon). The drive to Canada is a little boring, but hey, I'm getting my drive fix.

Heidi and the kids are having a great time in BABs-Land (grandma's house) in Bay City. Izak just ran around like a nut when we got there!

It's important for Heidi to get some time with her mom. And Linda loves to get a hit of grandbaby now and then!

That leaves me at home with the dog. It's a good week for me to have some extra room in my schedule. With the start-up of the ministry year, many things are happening in the life of our church and I'm supposed to be at many of them.

Last night, after I drove home, I did some painting at the house. I vow to never paint a ceiling again!! I used to think that hell was one move after another (pack, move, unpack, pack, move, unpack...). I know better now...hell is painting a ceiling...how did Michealangelo do it!?!?! I'm still not all the way done...just some touch-ups to do.

I also painted the laundry room. It's in the basement and needed some sprucing up. I tried my new Wagner paint spraying...it was great! Thanks, father-in-law (he always gives the best tools for Christmas presents).

Amidst the busy-ness, I also hope to get some quiet time just listening to God. No sense being a starving baker, if you know what I mean.

Peace,

M@

1 comment:

C-Man said...

Downtime...good. Time in car....good.
Seeing the word hell in your blog....priceless!

Are you headed to West Michigan anytime soon?