Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Friendship (part 5)

An often overlooked element of a strong and healthy friendship is accountability.

Sure, friendships that lack fun are...well...not fun. But friendships that lack authentic, loving accountability will lack transformational umph.

Think of it this way, is it really loving to watch me make a series of bad decisions and not say anything at all? Or is it really loving to never ask how my marriage is? No, I don't think so, either.

Do you have someone asking you the hard questions? If not, who can you invite into your life enough to do so? Go talk with them today.

M@

1 comment:

nish13 said...

i have not been very consistent with accountability-at least with specifics...or for a short time frame. this year i have started to parcel out some accountability..in my different "roles", areas of life i have setup goals for me to strive for, as i develop friendships i have found some men are strong in areas that i am not, so have asked them to keep accountable with one specific goal or issue. I have started but want to continue to expand this...and will setup a time by January 2010 to get this done in all major areas.. matt please keep me accountable in getting this done