Sunday, March 23, 2008

367

367...that's how many days I've been on staff at The Chapel (leap year and yesterday was the one year anniversary). I began this journey, together with my family, with an understanding of God's leadership, but no real idea what it would look like. I guess that's the essence of faith, isn't it?

After resigning from Northwest Christian Community, I didn't know what was next. The resignation was a step of faith, in itself. Heidi and I were prepared and even hoping that the next stop would be back in Buffalo, NY - not that we loved Buffalo, but we love many people there.

Even as we wondered about Buffalo, we both had a sense in our spirits that our work in IL was not done. Again, we didn't know what that would look like, but were working on trust.

This past year has been an amazing adventure. Very quickly, I connected with so many new friends - people from my campus as well as other staff. I've experienced daunting challenges. I've seen God navigate our way through those challenges. I've had hard as well as inspiring conversations with people. From the very outset, I experienced a bonding with my new church family - I was a bit startled by the intensity of that relationship.

Today, as I sit in my office, it feels like I've only been here a few days. Yet, at the same time, it feels like it's been years. I've experienced God's hand of faithfulness gently guiding through this past year. And I anticipate with excitement the same for the year to come.

Peace on the Journey,

Matt

No comments: