Saturday, January 20, 2007

sorry fetz...

My friend "Fetz" is in the Republican party in Michigan. So he's going to hate this observation.

But I don't think the Republican party has a shot at the White House in 2008. I know, a lot can happen in the next couple years. And I am sure that a lot will happen in that time.

But I think that America is poised to break the trend of electing white men as President. For the entire history of our country, there has been a "glass ceiling" in government. I think I see cracks in the glass. And for that, I'm glad. It's past time.

Unless John McCain dons a dress...not a pretty sight!

I've been reading The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama. It's a good read. I certainly don't agree with all his policies, but I am inspired by his thoughts on government and how our unique brand of representation can work most effectively. I'm not sure Washington is ready for them, but I hope his voice is heard and undistorted. Should be fun!

Peace,

M@

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A candidate's exterior matters less to me than their heart, their motivation. But life for the unborn is a non-negotiable for me, something that none of the front runners get right, in my eye. Take a look at Tom Tancredo. There's still time for other voices to emerge...

Love ya, M@!

fetzer said...

Obama talks a good game but doesn't have many details or concrete ideas. The next election will not be decided by ideology but will instead be a vote in favor of competence and results. I don't know that Obama has the record to win that kind of vote. Don't sleep on Rudy on 08. He turned around NY City when everybody had given up on it. He has the track record of getting things done which is what people are yearning for.