Sunday, September 04, 2005

weekend wrap-up...

Had a nice visit with my folks on Saturday evening. They are in the area because they are heading to WI to visit my cousin and his folks (Uncle Howie and Aunt Ann, Mom's brother and sil). So they stopped in for about 24 hours. It's nice to be close enough that they can do that.

After dinner at the Rainforest Cafe', we enjoyed some ice cream and time with the kids. Then bed and I went back to the office.

I've been really wrestling this with my weekend message. Today was to mark the beginning of a new series, but I knew that we also had to address the situation in the south, too. I wasn't sure if I could accomplish both and how that would be done.

I had finally been able to do both, but still wasn't done wrestling. What more did God want from me? What more needed to be brought up this week? I thought I had the bases covered.

But...the one thing that was lacking was me. I hadn't owned the message yet. So Saturday night was spend brining the message home. How do I respond when life is shaken up?

I had to own that I don't like some of the stuff that's been spilling out lately. There's an issue that consistently comes back to my mind. In this setting the issue isn't important. I've noticed that I have gotten angry in situations that didn't warrant quite that level of response. Wow...there's something there that I think God wants to put his finger on.

Will I let Him? Or will I blow it off as a little bit of stress that will go away?

Nope...not going to blow it off. The goal is too great to pass this up. Through the issue I'm grappling with I'll become a little more reflective of the character of Jesus. And that's the point of this journey I'm on...

Peace on the journey,

M@

ps - I get the next two days with my family! It's been a while since I've had this kind of time with them at home. Hope they can put up with me!!

No comments: