Sunday, September 18, 2005

new one...

Stephie is Heidi's older sister. Since she has a variety of mental disabilities, she still lives at home with her parents in Bay City, MI. So whenever we visit there, we get to see Steph. There is much that I have learned from Steph and I'm sure I'll share over time.

Whenever Steph sees an animal get killed, she shouts out, "New one!" As in, this one's done, it's time for a new one! It's pretty funny.

Heidi was driving somewhere with Steph in the car. Seeing a pretty bird fly down near the road was very exciting. Seeing it fly into the sweet spot on the grill of an on-coming semi was...something. Just a big puff of feathers. Heidi sheepishly looked over at Steph, who had clearly been enjoying the bird, to see how she would react. After a moment of stunned silence, she said somewhat quietly... "New one..."

That's a little how I feel about my day today. My day was flying along minding it's own business, dipping down by the road. The next thing I knew...just a big poof of feathers.

In the perfectly fitting words of my sister-in-law... "New one..."

Going to bed in hopes that Monday will avoid the semi's sweet spot...

M@

No comments: