Saturday, July 23, 2005

Wearing Heidi's Shoes...

I'm not sure they fit...the shoes of an incredible mother. But I'm trying them on today. Heidi is in the big city today taking a class to be certified for ACLS (Advanded Certification for Life Saving -- I made that up, but it's close)...which means she will be able to call the shots at a code in the hospital. What's a code? It means her patient stops breathing or their heart stops or goes into funky rhythms...it's not good. She can explain that more if she wants.

But I'm on duty today. I love this time with my kids. I got some work done this morning while Charlotte babysat. Now I can focus my attention on Libby and Izak. They are napping for the moment...at least they're supposed to be.

It's the first time in a long time that Heidi's taken the whole day away. Even if the class is stressful (which is it), she gets to talk with grown-ups and not have to change anyone's diaper! I have always enjoyed Daddy Days, as we call them.

Who knows what the afternoon holds?!?! Excitement and thrills, I'm sure!

Peace,

M@

No comments: