Monday, July 18, 2005

Fetzer invasion!!!

No, don't run for cover...Fetzer is a good thing! Actually, Fetzer is a great guy!

Jeffry Fetzer Cobb landed at the Furr house about 6 on Friday. It's the first time we've laid eyes on him in about 5 years. It's hard to believe it's been that long...he's never met our children before this weekend.

Fetz was in our wedding, almost 11 years ago. He was a friend that I met in college through my roommate, Don. Fetz and his roommate, Seth, were our eukre wipping boys during our Sophomore year. It was beautiful!

It was great to spend some time with this timeless friend. We've kept in touch, even though not in person much. He's spent time on congressional staff in Washington, DC before heading back to MI and running a local campaign and joining the staff of the guy he got elected. He's learning his way around Lansing in fine fashion. As he grows, matures, and learn the trade, I see him going wherever he wants to in the world of government and politics. You can find out more about him by going to his blog (link on the right).

Today is my last day as a 31 year old. In about an hour, it will be my birthday!!! I'm actually not so big on birthdays. I don't mind them or avoid them, it's just not that big a deal to me.

But as I think about it, birthdays are sort of cool...they come around for everyone. One day a year, a person is celebrated and honored simply because they are. Not too profound...just sort of cool.

Had fun watching the review of Tiger's win at the Old Course in Scotland. I love watching him golf. When he's on...it's pretty amazing.

That's the scoop for now.

Peace,

M@

1 comment:

fetzer said...

I had a great time visiting. Hopefully we can do it again soon.