Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Regular Wednesday...

Not much to actually report today. Spent the morning finishing personal/ministry evaluations - usually about as much fun as a root canal - and in staff meeting - which I normally like. I enjoy the team of people that I work with...I suppose i'm fortunate in that. I've heard so many stories of people, even on church staffs, that don't get along and don't connect with their ministry partners.

This afternoon has been all about digging out from under the piles of papers on my desk. Paperwork isn't why I got into ministry - but it's a part of it, I know. So I staple myself down and try to work through things. It's getting there. Next step is to bring in the leaf blower to clean things off!

I'm about to go home and spend some time with Heidi and Izak before coming back for a long evening. I love my work. But I love my fam even more!!

I'm struck by so many people who are through the family-raising part of their life only to feel a lot of regret - I wish I had...

I don't want to regret spending too much time at work. I want to stand before a group of people and encourage them to make good decisions about time and priorities having wrestled through them myself...and made good choices.

So I'm off...

Matt

2 comments:

C-Man said...

I totally agree. Take it from me. There is a fine balance between work and family. I learned that lesson the hard way - as you well know. Keep yourself focused where God is going to use you the most.

Matt - you rock!

C-Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.