Thursday, May 27, 2004

frustration...

Heidi has been sick every day of this pregnancy. She doesn't complain nearly as much as I would! But the saga continues...she started having contractions (the kind that get her attention) on Sunday. We got ourselves ready to go at moment's notice...holding...holding...holding...still nothing. Come on, God...toss us a bone here!

She's having enough of the contractions to be miserable but not enough to really jumpstart labor in a big way. But again...very little complaining...she's a rock!

All I have to say is that this kid had been be very adorable and smart to make up for the pain he/she has already caused!! As long as he/she has Heidi's genes, that should be a slam dunk!

I've been poking around the office this week. Trying to get things nailed down so that I'm ready to go when Heidi is. It's hard to stay focused on the administration part of work when I know that I'm going to meet this baby soon.

The making of a baby is such a profound thing...right now, God is doing His handiwork in the secret place of the womb. He's crafting a child that will grow into adulthood...He knows every details of that little life becaue He's the one who is "knitting" him/her together. We don't know the name because we don't know the gender...but God already knows the name...and all that goes with it.

I never cease to be amazed at the mystery of creation and life. And only He knows when I will get to meet this little one...

Back to shop-talk...

Last night our congregation voted to build a community-oriented youth center (The Hub) as soon as possible. This 3.5 million dollar building will be the only one of its kind in our community - a safe place for teens to hang out and ultimately hear about Jesus. It's an exciting journey.

Tonight I'm meeting with a group of people who are exploring the extension of our church's ministry into the city of Buffalo. I'm excited about the next steps. It's a great group of people that are working together to see Jesus honored in the city...can't go wrong when that's the goal...as long as that stays the goal...

Peace,

Matt

2 comments:

C-Man said...

Matt, I hear your heart in this one. Becca and I are praying for you two or three; wait four. What the?

I can't bring myself to share some lame wisdom. Please know we are praying!!!!

Dan said...

hey matt,
we're so excited for you guys! just wanted to let you know we are (and have been) praying for you guys!
dan