Friday, September 29, 2006

new member of the family...

For the past many years, we've been having trouble with our minivan. We've thought that this repair will be the one that fixes the problems. Then two months later, it's another thing that's taking money from the bank account.

It's just been too much. So yesterday, we got rid of the trouble and took advantage of 0% financing on a new Dodge Caravan. It's red and has the basics we were looking for.

We haven't always done car-buying well for one reason or another. But this time, I think we did it right...we sought godly counsel, prayed, researched, walked away a few times, and made a good decision. We've learned from past mistakes and applied them in this situation. I'm pleased with the process, as long as it was.

I wanted to just get it done earlier so we could move on. I also thought about getting a very upgraded one...with all the bells and whistles. But you know what? Those bells and whistles don't make it any more than just a van to drive around in. And they cost us a lot more...the ability to enjoy a few dates a month, the flexibility for Heidi to not work if she needs to call off, saving, and giving. Those costs just aren't worth it so us. So we made a good choice.

Maybe I'll get a picture up sometime here...

M@

2 comments:

Frank said...

Hey Matt,
Let me know how the caravan does. I'll never by a Chevy or Ford, but we are thinking of trading in Ouisie's Kia at the beginning of next year before it depreciates to much in value.
I still have the 91 Toyota, and as beaten and battered as it is, it keeps on ticking.
We are thinking of trading for a Toyota, but if the caravan does well, we might consider it. I never owned a Dodge.
Frank

Don said...

Ah yes, a fine addition to the Furr lineage indeed. First there was the Mustang, then the GIGANTO Bronco, and many years later - the minivan. Congratulations my friend, you've arrived.

I miss that Mustang - but it was no sea foam green Honda Accord...