Tuesday, June 20, 2006

catching up...

Had a busy but nice weekend.

Spent most of Saturday celebrating the wedding of a daughter of some new friends. It was a wonderful afternoon and evening visiting, learning more about friends, and being together. The kids were at home with some of their favorite people (charlotte and the boys...sounds like a gang of some sort). That means it was time for Heidi and me to walk and hold hands, talk about whatever came to our minds, and enjoy some incredible scenery.

Sunday was Father's Day...what a nice day it was. I work on Sundays, but my family made it special for me. Izak woke me up with a tender greeting. Libby just smiles and lights up my day. And Levi...what a guy!

My wife ordered tickets for her and me to enjoy a practice round at the upcoming PGA Championship (one of the 4 majors in professional golf) which will be held near Chicago in August. It's going to be a great time together and to see some of these incredible golfers up close. I've never done that before...should be a blast.

In the evening, we enjoyed the company of most of our small group friends. We played cards, laughed, trash-talked, and laughed some more. That was refreshing...

Yesterday was a nice and full family day. I got some house stuff done and then ran errands with Z and Lib, so Heidi could tackle some of her stuff without interuption. That woman can balance a checkbook like nobody's business! To the penny!!

Today...back in the office. The guys are gone, so it's pretty much just me back here in the building. Should be a good week to study and get my head and heart into the upcoming ministry year.

That's the news here...

Peace,

M@

No comments: