Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'd rather...

...be going through challenging situations with the Spirit near by than smooth sailing with no need for Him.

That's a great explanation to the question, "How are you doing?" Could just say, "Fine." But that just doesn't cover all the right bases.

In the past couple of months, God has shown me a bit more of himself than I have ever known before. Seriously. God. Incredible.

In that, I have found amazing comfort and peace in His nearness. Just being near. Like knowing Heidi is close by. I don't even need her to say anything...just reaching over and knowing she's close is comforting. I've found the same with the Spirit of God.

Are some of these challenges hard? Some of the hardest I've faced. But He is near. He is wise. He is strong. Therefore, so am I.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: