Sunday, October 16, 2005

Change of Pace...

Change is fun...I enjoy it. There has been a nice change of pace and one about to come.

Willow -- This past week, I spent most of my time at Willow Creek, a great and effective church south of here about an hour. The conference was pretty good and provided a nice change of pace for me.

Kevin spoke -- I didn't do the weekend conversation this week. In planning for F3, we determined this would be a good weekend for Kevin to speak. Even though F3 has not arrived, we stayed on schedule. Though I love communicating, it was a nice break for me. I've been here about 9 months and this is only my third weekend not speaking...I was starting to wear down a little. Thanks, Kevin.

Eviction -- F3 is coming his week, ready or not. If not prior, then on Tuesday morning, he/she will be invited to breathe air via some minor medical stimulation.

Paternity time -- Since F3 will be coming Tuesday, I'm off this week to be with my family. We have some great people who will be helping to care for the kids, but I'll be there to help and spend some time getting to know the new one.

So there...on several fronts, it's been a change of pace. I find that to be refreshing.

Little personal rememberance: 3 years ago today, Heidi and I embarked on the journey of parenting for the first time. I got to sneak into my son's room and sing Happy Birthday this morning...he smiled and said, "I am three." Yes you are, my boy...yes you are.

Peace,

Matt

1 comment:

tonymyles said...

I heard great things about the conference at Willow. Glad it was cool for you!